Pursuant to section 11(3) of the Maori Commercial Aquaculture Claims Settlement Act 2004 (“Act”), the Minister for Oceans and Fisheries, after complying with the requirements in section 11(4) of the Act, gives the following notice.
1. Title and Commencement
(1) This notice may be cited as the “Māori Commercial Aquaculture Claims Settlement (Extension to Southland Region Negotiation Period) Notice 2021”.
(2) This notice comes into force on 30 April 2021.
In this notice:
- Southland region negotiation period means the period applying to the Southland region, provided for in section 11(2)(b) of the Act, within which the Crown must use its best endeavours to negotiate and enter into regional agreements that provide for the Crown to meet its obligations in respect of new space for that region. The Southland region negotiation period has been extended from time to time under section 11(3) of the Act and is due to expire on 30 April 2021 under the Māori Commercial Aquaculture Claims Settlement (Extension to Southland Region Negotiation Period) No.2 Notice 2020 (New Zealand Gazette, 21 August 2020, Notice No. 2020-go3845).
- Region has the same meaning as in section 4 of the Act.
3. Extension to Negotiation Period
The Southland region negotiation period is extended to 25 June 2021.
Dated at Wellington this 15th day of April 2021.
Hon DAVID PARKER, Minister for Oceans and Fisheries.