1. Pursuant to clause 26 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Air Border) Order (No 2) 2020 (“Order”), I, Hon Chris Hipkins, Minister for COVID-19 Response, having taken into account the advice of the Director-General of Health, hereby declare that the following persons who satisfy the following criteria are exempt from clause 8(2B) of the Order (being the pre-departure testing requirements):
- persons who are arriving in New Zealand as aircrew members; but
- who are not specified air crew members exempt under clause 20A(1) of the Order (being aircrew members who are not ordinarily resident in New Zealand);
2. An aircrew member is defined in the Order, meaning any person who
- is identified as a crew member on the crew manifest for the aircraft on which they arrive in New Zealand; or
- is not identified as a crew member on that manifest but is on the aircraft at the direction of an airline for which they work as a pilot, co-pilot, or flight attendant
3. The exemption will begin at 11.59pm 15 January 2021 and continue until 11.59pm 29 January 2021 unless sooner revoked.
Dated at Wellington this 15th day of January 2021.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister for COVID-19 Response.