I, Shaleen Narayan, Acting Manager Approvals, of the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI), acting under delegated authority from the Director-General of MPI, give notice, under section 14(1) of the Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines Act 1997 (“Act”), that a decision has been made to reassess the following trade name product under section 29 of the Act:
Purpose of Reassessment
The purpose of the reassessment is to re-evaluate the restriction on labels regarding soil residue management of the contaminant hexachlorobenzene in the active ingredient chlorothalonil.
The trade name product to be reassessed is:
Active Ingredients and Presentation
Chlorothalonil 720g/litre formulated as a suspension concentrate
Further information about the trade name product listed above, including details of their approved uses and target species, can be found on the ACVM Register at https://eatsafe.nzfsa.govt.nz/web/public/acvm-register.
Any person may make a written submission to the director-general concerning this application.
Under sections 16 and 17 of the Act, a written submission:
- must state in full the reasons for making the submission; and
- may state any decision sought on that application; and
- must be received by the director-general no later than 30 working days after the date of notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
Under section 18 of the Act, a copy of every submission will be forwarded to the applicant for the applicant’s information.
If you wish to provide a submission, please email your submission to ACVM.firstname.lastname@example.org. MPI encourages respondents to forward comments by email.
If you wish to forward a submission by post, the following address is:
- where submissions on this application are to be sent; and
- where requests for copies of the public information relating to the application can be sent; and
- where public information relating to the application can be viewed; and
- the director-general’s address for service:
ACVM Programmes and Appraisals, New Zealand Food Safety, Ministry for Primary Industries, PO Box 2526, Wellington 6140.
The applicant’s address for service is:
Nufarm Limited, 6 Manu Street, Otahuhu, Auckland 2024.
Dated at Wellington this 30th day of March 2021.
SHALEEN NARAYAN, Acting Manager Approvals, Ministry for Primary Industries (acting under delegated authority).