Shaleen Narayan, Acting Manager Approvals, of the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI), acting under delegated authority from the Director-General of MPI, gives notice under section 14(1) of the Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines Act 1997 (“Act”) that the following variation application has been made to a registered trade name product under section 9(2) of the Act:
Trade Name: Inca Pestene Insect Powder
Active Ingredients and Concentrations:
Sulphur (S) 50g/kg
Rotenone from cube root 10g/kg
Formulation Type: Powder
To aid in the control of fleas on cats and dogs.
Proposed New Claim (changes in bold):
To aid in the control of fleas on cats and dogs and for the treatment of lice (Mallophaga spp.) and mites (Dermanyssus spp.) on ornamental fowl. Directions for use: Sprinkle through the feathers; under the wings and around the neck, breast and vent at weekly intervals. Apply liberally to nests and nesting areas.
Any person may make a written submission to the director-general concerning this application.
Under sections 16 and 17 of the Act, a written submission:
- must state in full the reasons for making the submission;
- may state any decision sought on that application; and
- must be received by the director-general no later than 30 working days after the date of notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
Under section 18 of the Act, a copy of every submission will be forwarded to the applicant for the applicant’s information.
The following address is:
- where submissions on this application are to be sent;
- where requests for copies of the public information relating to the application can be sent;
- where public information relating to the application can be viewed; and
- the director-general’s address for service:
ACVM Group, Ministry for Primary Industries, Charles Fergusson Building, 34–38 Bowen Street, Pipitea, Wellington 6011. Postal Address: PO Box 2526, Wellington 6140.
The applicant’s address for service is:
Inca (Flight) Company Pty Ltd, 22–23 Forthorn Place, St Marys, New South Wales 2760, Australia.
Dated at Wellington this 30th day of March 2021.
SHALEEN NARAYAN, Acting Manager Approvals, Ministry for Primary Industries (acting under delegated authority).