The Commerce Commission (“Commission”) gives public notice under section 180 of the Telecommunications Act 2001 (“Act”) that it has amended under section 181 of the Act the Fibre Input Methodologies Determination 2020  NZCC 21, as previously amended (“fibre IMs”).
Summary of the Amendments
The amendments have been published in the Fibre Input Methodologies Amendment Determination (No. 2) 2021  NZCC 25 (“amendment determination”).
The amendments are intended to:
- implement the approach for determining Chorus’ initial price-quality (PQ) regulatory asset base by amending the asset valuation and cost of capital fibre IMs, providing alternative methodologies with equivalent or substantially the same effect for determining the financial loss asset, and correcting for the effect of tax losses;
- specify the process and scope of the PQ wash-up mechanism;
- implement decisions for the first PQ path and information-disclosure requirements by amending the asset valuation fibre IM, taxation fibre IM, cost of capital fibre IM, and quality dimensions fibre IM;
- clarify, correct errors and improve the workability of certain provisions of the fibre IMs; and
- make non-material changes to certain provisions and definitions of the fibre IMs.
Copies of the amendment determination, and the supporting reasons paper, are available on the Commission’s website via the fibre input methodologies project page at: https://comcom.govt.nz/regulated-industries/telecommunications/projects/fibre-input-methodologies.
Dated at Wellington this 29th day of November 2021.