In accordance with section 90(1)(a) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) provides the following notice.
Principal Exemption and Commencement
- This notice grants Top Energy an exemption from section 76 of the Act only in respect of 17.87MW of diesel/bio-diesel generation installed at Taipā, Bonnetts Road, Kaitāia, Kaitāia Depot, Ōmanaia, and Pukenui upon such conditions as set out below.
- This notice comes into force the day after the date it is notified in the New Zealand Gazette.
- The exemption expires on the day that additional generation is purchased or otherwise obtained by Top Energy, or 30 October 2026, whichever occurs first.
- Prior to applying to the Authority for a further exemption, Top Energy must conduct a registration of interest and, if any interest is registered, tender for network support.
- The registration of interest and tender should be technologically neutral and should provide greater transparency about the network support offered by Top Energy, which needs to be at least comparable with that of any competing providers.
Dated at Wellington this 12th day of October 2021.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
Dr NICOLA CRAUFORD, Chair.