In accordance with section 11 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives the following notice.
1. Title and Commencement
(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 314 (The clearing manager)) Exemption Notice 2021.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date it is notified in the New Zealand Gazette.
(1) The clearing manager is exempted from the complying with the obligations in clause 14.68 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code (“Code”) to prepare monthly divergence reports for the Authority.
This exemption expires on the earlier of:
- the close of 30 June 2024; or
- the date when clause 14.68 is revoked.
4. Reasons for Granting the Exemption
The reasons for granting this exemption are:
- the divergence reports are of no value to either the Authority or clearing manager; and
- the clearing manager will be saved a minor but unnecessary administration cost; and
- any information contained in the divergence reports will be reported to the Authority through other avenues; and
- granting the requested exemption meets the requirements in section 11(2) of the Act.
Dated at Wellington this 7th day of October 2021.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
ALLAN DAWSON, Member, Electricity Authority.