The Commerce Commission (“Commission”) gives public notice under section 179(1) of the Telecommunications Act 2001 (“Act”) that it is:
- amending its indicative process and time frames outlined in its amended Notice of Intention dated 19 August 2021; and
- considering further potential amendments to its input methodologies for fibre fixed line access services (“fibre IMs”).
The Commission is considering further amendments to the fibre IMs (specifically to clause 3.1.1 of the Specification of Price and Revenues fibre IM) to:
- include in the wash-up mechanism the differences between forecast allocator values and actual allocator values for operating costs and asset values;
- include in the wash-up mechanism the residual differences between the actual and updated forecast consumer price index; and
- improve the workability of the wash-up mechanism.
The full text of the notice, which sets out the potential amendments and provides more detail on the indicative process and updated time frames, is available on the Commission’s website: https://comcom.govt.nz/regulated-industries/telecommunications/projects/fibre-input-methodologies.