In accordance with section 11 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives the following notice.
1. Title and Commencement
(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 299 (ARC Innovations Limited)) Exemption Notice 2021.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date it is notified in the New Zealand Gazette.
(1) ARC Innovations Limited (“ARC”) is exempted from complying with the obligations in clause 4(1)(a) and (b) of Schedule 10.7 in the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to ensure that the maximum permitted error in Table 1 of Schedule 10.1 is not exceeded, as well as ensuring that the metering design ensures that the maximum permitted error is not exceeded for ARC metering installations only.
This exemption expires at the earlier of:
- the close of 31 August 2025; or
- the date which all ARC meters have been displaced on the registry.
4. Reasons for Granting the Exemption
The reasons for granting this exemption are:
- The impact of the non-compliance is not material for consumers, and the impact on market settlement is negligible.
- It is an interim solution while ARC displaces its metering fleet.
- It will avoid unnecessary costs of replacing ARC controllers while a full displacement program is underway.
- in conjunction with Exemption No. 297, this exemption will allow the ARC fleet to be recertified which will allow half-hour settlement to continue.
- Granting the exemption would meet the tests in section 11(2) of the Act.
Dated at Wellington this 3rd day of August 2021.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
ALLAN DAWSON, Member, Electricity Authority.