In accordance with section 11 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority gives the following notice.
1. Title and Commencement
(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 310 Intellihub Limited)) Exemption Notice 2021.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date it is notified in the New Zealand Gazette.
(1) Intellihub Limited (“Intellihub”) is exempted from complying with the obligation in clauses 8(2)(a), 9, 10, 11(3)(a), 11(4)(a), 11(4)(c), 11(4)(d), 11(5) and 41(1) in Schedule 10.7 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to conduct certification testing, issue a certification report and affix a certification sticker to the metering installation.
(2) This exemption applies only to Honeywell meters with certification that was cancelled due to clause 20(1)(j)(iii) in Schedule 10.7 of the Code between 1 February 2021 and 5 May 2021.
This exemption expires on 31 December 2021.
4. Reasons for Granting the Exemption
The reasons for granting this exemption are:
- it will remove an unnecessary cost for recertification of accurate and fit for purpose meters; and
- granting the requested exemption meets the requirements in section 11(2) of the Act.
Dated at Wellington this 16th day of June 2021.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
ALAN DAWSON, Member, Electricity Authority.
Note: This notice replaces the notice published in the New Zealand Gazette, 22 June 2021, Notice No. 2021-au2487, which mentioned incorrectly Intellihub NZ Limited instead of Intellihub Limited.