Pursuant to section 241 of the Land Transport Act 1998 (“Act”), I authorise the following person, for the purpose(s) and the term, and on the conditions stated below, to have access to the names and addresses of persons:
- who are currently registered in respect of a motor vehicle(s); and
- who have not instructed the Registrar of Motor Vehicles to withhold their details.
Person: InfoAgent Limited
Purpose(s): To access personal information from the motor vehicle register to provide to persons (portal users):
- Who have been granted their own authorised access to personal information under section 241 and whose request for personal information from the portal provider complies with that authorised access; or
- Who are entitled to the information because their request is for a purpose specified in section 235, and Waka Kotahi has given written approval that the request is for a purpose specified in section 235.
- To provide reminder notification of upcoming expiry of vehicle certificates and warrants of fitness directly to the registered person of the vehicle to whom it relates where that person has given consent for the portal provider to access and use this information for this purpose.
When the portal provider is accessing information for the specified purpose in bullet point three, the portal provider is accessing that information as both a portal provider and portal user.
Term: The authorisation is valid for a period of five years commencing 22 June 2021 and ending at midnight on 20 June 2026.
Please refer to the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency website here for details: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/assets/vehicle/docs/MVR-terms-and-conditions-infoagent-limited.pdf.
Dated this 22nd day of June 2021.
SUE HARDIMAN, Senior Manager – Vehicle and Driver Licensing, Waka Kotahi – NZ Transport Agency.