In accordance with section 11 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority gives the following notice.
1. Title and Commencement
(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 307 Mercury NZ Limited) Exemption Notice 2021.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date it is notified in the New Zealand Gazette
(1) Mercury NZ Limited (“Mercury”) is exempted from complying with the obligation in clause 10.24(c) of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to not to use subtraction to determine submission information.
(2) This exemption applies only to ICP 0003133903AA777.
This exemption expires on the earlier of:
- the close of 1 December 2030;
- the date when Mercury is no longer recorded in the registry as being the trader for ICP 0003133903AA777;
- the date when AccuCal Limited (“AccuCal”) is no longer recorded in the registry as being the Metering Equipment Provider for ICP 0003133903AA777;
- the date on which the meter programming, metering or distribution configuration is changed;
- the date on which any other consumer is connected to the same 11kV distribution substation as ICP 0003133903AA777; and
- the date on which the ICP is decommissioned in the registry.
4. Reasons for Granting the Exemption
The reasons for granting this exemption are:
- deriving the submission information from the metering installations by subtraction is as accurate as it would be if it was derived using directly metered data; and
- significant metering costs will otherwise be incurred that would outweigh any benefit resulting from compliance; and
- the exemption will allow Mercury to continue to use subtraction to determine submission information; and
- AccuCal cannot comply with the obligation in clause 4(2)(a) of Schedule 10.7 of the Code until Mercury provides new metering installations at this site; and
- the exemption will have no impact on any other participant or service provider, and will not affect any other Code provision; and
- granting the requested exemption meets the requirements in section 11(2) of the Act.
Dated at Wellington this 16th day of June 2021.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
ALLAN DAWSON, Member, Electricity Authority.