1. Under section 38(3)(b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Trading Conduct Provisions) 2021 (“amendment”).
2. The amendment comes into force on 30 June 2021.
3. The amendment replaces clauses 13.5A with a new clause 13.5A and repeals clause 13.5B in Part 13 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) and makes a change to Part 1 of the Code to repeal the definition of “pivotal”. The purpose of the amendment is to provide trading conduct provisions which are clearer than the current high standard of trading conduct provisions by identifying the conduct required of generators and ancillary service agents when an offer or reserve offer is submitted or revised. The amendment also removes the safe harbour provisions.
4. A copy of the amendment and the Code are available on the Authority’s website at http://www.ea.govt.nz/code-and-compliance/the-code/.
5. A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, Harbour Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 11th day of May 2021.
Dr NICOLA LANE CRAUFORD, Chairperson, Electricity Authority.