In accordance with section 11 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives the following notice.
1. Title and Commencement
(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 305 (Intellihub NZ Limited)) Exemption Notice 2021.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date it is notified in the New Zealand Gazette.
(1) Intellihub NZ Limited (“Intellihub”) is exempted from the complying with the obligation in clause 8(9) in Schedule 10.6 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 to ensure that each electronic interrogation of the metering installation that retrieves half hour raw meter data compares the sum of that data against the increment of the metering installation’s accumulating meter registers for the same period.
(2) This exemption applies only to Honeywell Elster meters types A1800, gREX, gREXD and gREXDE.
This exemption expires on 31 May 2023.
4. Reasons for Granting the Exemption
The reasons for granting this exemption are:
- it will remove an unnecessary cost to Intellihub for removal of accurate and fit for purpose meters; and
- granting the requested exemption meets the requirements in section 11(2) of the Act.
Dated at Wellington this 3rd day of May 2021.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
ALAN DAWSON, Member, Electricity Authority.