In accordance with section 11 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives the following notice.
1. Title and Commencement
(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 306 (Transpower Limited)) Exemption Notice 2021.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date it is notified in the New Zealand Gazette.
(1) Transpower Limited (“Transpower”) is exempted from complying with the obligation in clause 10.2 of the security of supply forecasting and information policy
(1) This exemption expires on 31 October 2021.
4. Reasons for Granting the Exemption
The reasons for granting this exemption are:
- to avoid industry confusion with current reporting on a short-term security of supply issue; and
- to enable Transpower security of supply forecasting resources to focus on the short-term security of supply issues over winter 2021; and
- granting the requested exemption meets the requirements in section 11(2) of the Act.
Dated at Wellington this 3rd day of May 2021.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
ALAN DAWSON, Member, Electricity Authority.