Pursuant to section 241 of the Land Transport Act 1998 (“Act”), I authorise the following person, for the purpose(s) and the term, and on the conditions stated below, to have access to the names and addresses of persons:
- who are currently registered in respect of a motor vehicle(s); and
- who have not instructed the Registrar of Motor Vehicles to withhold their details.
Person: Equifax New Zealand Information Services and Solutions Limited
To access personal information from the motor vehicle register to provide to persons (portal users):
- who have been granted their own authorised access to personal information under section 241 of the Act and whose request for personal information from the portal provider complies with that authorised access; or
- who are entitled to the information because their request is for a purpose specified in section 235 of the Act, and NZ Transport Agency has given written approval that the request is for a purpose specified in section 235 of the Act.
- To allow credit providers, including banks, to verify information provided by customers where consent to obtain this information has been given by the person to whom it relates.
- To perform electronic identification checks on the clients of Equifax New Zealand Information Services and Solutions Limited’s customers in accordance with the Identity Verification Code of Practice 2011 (Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009).
Term: The authorisation is valid for a period of five years commencing 1 May 2021 and ending at midnight on 30 April 2026.
Please refer to the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency website here for details: https://nzta.govt.nz/assets/vehicle/docs/MVR-terms-and-conditions-equifax-nz-information-services-and-solutions-limited.pdf.
Dated this 27th day of April 2021.
KANE PATENA, Director of Land Transport, Waka Kotahi – NZ Transport Agency.