1. Notice is hereby given that Auckland Council, under the provisions of section 23 of the Public Works Act 1981, proposes to take:
- land (“Land”) for road;
- a leasehold estate (“Lease 1”) over land (“Lease Land 1”) for the functioning indirectly of a road;
- a leasehold estate (“Lease 2”) over land (“Lease Land 2”) for the functioning indirectly of a road and stormwater purposes;
- an easement (“Easement 1”) over land (“Easement Area 1”) for the functioning indirectly of a road; and
- an easement (“Easement 2”) over land (“Easement Area 2”) for the functioning indirectly of a road.
2. The Land, Lease 1, Lease 2, Easement 1 and Easement 2 are required in connection with the Milldale to Highgate roading project (“Project”).
3. The reasons why Auckland Council considers it reasonably necessary to take the Land, Lease 1, Lease 2, Easement 1 and Easement 2 are to construct, operate and maintain the Project including a bridge over State Highway 1 to provide safe and efficient multimodal access between the existing and future communities of Milldale and Highgate, that supports population growth and economic growth in North Auckland by providing improved alternative modes of transport.
4. The owner of the Land, Lease Land 1, Lease Land 2, Easement Area 1 and Easement Area 2 and those persons with registered interests in the Land, Lease Land 1, Lease Land 2, Easement Area 1 and Easement Area 2 have been served notice of Auckland Council's intention to take the Land, Lease 1, Lease 2, Easement 1 and Easement 2 and have been advised of their right to object.
5. Any other person having the right to object may send a written objection to the Registrar, Environment Court, Specialist Courts and Tribunals Centre, Level 2, 41 Federal Street, Auckland 1010. Postal Address: PO Box 7147, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141, within twenty (20) working days after the date of publication of this notice.
6. If any objection is made in accordance with this notice, a public hearing will be held. The objector will have a right to appear and be heard personally unless the objector otherwise requires. Each objector will be informed of the time and place of the hearing.
7. Any person requiring further information in respect of this notice (including the proposed terms and conditions of Lease 1, Lease 2, Easement 1 and Easement 2) should contact Auckland Council’s negotiating agent, Geoff Dawson, Principal Property Specialist at Auckland Transport, 20 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Auckland 1010. Postal Address: Private Bag 92250, Auckland 1142. Telephone: (09) 355 3553.
North Auckland Land District
30 Highgate Parkway and 17 Waterloo Road (formerly known as 35 Waterloo Road), Highgate, Auckland, being Lot 9 Deposited Plan 515084 (Record of Title 908474) and Lot 100 Deposited Plan 515084 (Record of Title 908475).
|Land||0.3155 hectares shown marked Section 1 on Survey Office Plan 547592.|
|0.0230 hectares marked Section 2 on Survey Office Plan 547592.|
|Lease Land 1||0.0379 hectares marked Section 6 on Survey Office Plan 547592.|
|0.0583 hectares marked Section 3 on Survey Office Plan 547592.|
|Lease Land 2||0.2221 hectares marked Section 5 on Survey Office Plan 547592.|
|0.1483 hectares marked Section 4 on Survey Office Plan 547592|
|Easement Area 1||Areas I, J and BC on Survey Office Plan 547592.|
|Easement Area 2||Areas H, K, BB, BD, C and EA on Survey Office Plan 547592.|
Dated at Auckland this 8th day of September 2020.
JANE SMALL, Group Manager Property and Planning, Auckland Transport, acting under delegated authority for and on behalf of
JIM STABBACK, Chief Executive, Auckland Council.