1. Notice is hereby given that Auckland Council, under the provisions of section 23 of the Public Works Act 1981, proposes to take the land described in the Schedule to this notice (“Land”).
2. The Land is required for urban renewal in connection with the Unlock Northcote Project (“Project”). In particular, it is intended that the Land will be used for the development of a new Northcote Town Centre.
3. The reason why Auckland Council considers it reasonably necessary to take your interest in the Land is to provide for the comprehensive urban renewal of Northcote Town Centre, overcoming the pre-existing fragmented ownership of the properties within the Town Centre, and in particular to enable:
- the development of an improved retail and commercial centre;
- the significant residential development in the town centre, to support population growth;
- the development of a multi-purpose community facility, likely to provide services such as a new library, better integrated with the town centre;
- the development of new high quality town square;
- the improvement to the quality and activation of Northcote’s public open spaces within the town centre; and
- the delivery of public realm infrastructure, including a network of pedestrian streets and lanes, and support the community, retail, commercial and residential uses of the new town centre.
4. The owner of the Land and those persons with registered interests in the Land have been served notice of Auckland Council’s intention to take the Land and have been advised of their right to object.
5. Any other person having the right to object may send a written objection to the Registrar, Environment Court, Specialist Courts and Tribunals Centre, Level 2, 41 Federal Street, Auckland 1010. Postal Address: PO Box 7147, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141, within twenty (20) working days after the date of publication of this notice.
6. If any objection is made in accordance with this notice, a public hearing will be held. The objector will have a right to appear and be heard personally unless the objector otherwise requires. Each objector will be informed of the time and place of the hearing.
7. Any person requiring further information in respect of this notice should contact Auckland Council’s negotiating agent, Ian Campbell, Senior Property Specialist at Panuku Development Auckland, Ground Floor, 82 Wyndham Street, Auckland 1010. Postal Address: PO Box 90343, Victoria Street West, Auckland 1142. Telephone: (09) 336 8820.
North Auckland Land District—Auckland
|0.0250||The leasehold interest in Lease D642345.1 in Lots 32–33 Deposited Plan 47822, all Record of Title 529720.|
The Land is located at 13 Pearn Place, Northcote, Auckland 0627.
Dated at Auckland this 15th day of July 2020.
DAVID RANKIN, Chief Executive Officer (acting), Panuku Development Auckland Limited acting under delegated authority for and on behalf of:
PATRICIA HELEN READE, Chief Executive (acting), Auckland Council.