In accordance with section 9 of the Veterans’ Support Act 2014 (“Act”), I hereby give the following notice.
1. I declare service:
- in the Republic of Mali as defined, from 1 March 2018 up to and including 31 March 2019, to be operational service for the purposes of the Act.
Republic of Mali – The geographic area of Mali includes all of the sovereign territory incorporated into the Republic of Mali on 22 September 1960. This is defined by all recognised agreements including relevant intra-colonial French administrative arrangements and any post-independence agreements.
2. I declare that the declaration for service in the Republic of Mali will supersede the declaration made on 15 March 2018 for service within the territorial limits of the Republic of Mali and the air space above it on or after 1 March 2018 until declared otherwise.
3. This declaration covers:
- members of the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) serving with the NZDF; members of the NZDF on secondment with the armed forces of other nations; and any person seconded to the NZDF with the permission of the Chief of Defence Force.
4. The persons covered by this declaration shall have access to the entitlements and services specified in the Act and the Veterans’ Support Regulations 2014.
5. I am satisfied that there was a significant risk of harm to those that undertook this service, as required by the Act.
Dated this 30th day of June 2020.
Hon RON MARK, Minister for Veterans.