In accordance with section 9 of the Veterans’ Support Act 2014 (“Act”), I hereby give the following notice.
1. I declare service:
- in the Republic of South Sudan and the airspace above it, from 9 July 2011 up to and including 30 June 2022, to be operational service for the purposes of the Act.
2. I declare that the declaration for service in the Republic of South Sudan will supersede the declaration made under the Veterans’ Support Act 2014 on 6 August 2015 for service in the Republic of South Sudan and the airspace above it on or after 9 July 2011 until declared otherwise.
3. This declaration covers:
- members of the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) serving with the NZDF; members of the NZDF on secondment with the armed forces of other nations; and any person seconded to the NZDF with the permission of the Chief of Defence Force.
4. The persons covered by this declaration shall have access to the entitlements and services specified in the Act and the Veterans’ Support Regulations 2014.
5. As required by the Act, I am satisfied that there was a significant risk of harm to those that have and will undertake service in the Republic of South Sudan.
Dated this 5th day of July 2020.
Hon RON MARK, Minister for Veterans.