1. Pursuant to clause 26 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Air Border) Order (No 2) 2020 (“Order”), I, Hon Chris Hipkins, Minister for COVID-19 Response, having taken into account the advice of the Director-General of Health, hereby declare that the following persons who satisfy the following criteria are exempt from clauses 8(2A) and 8(3) of the Order:
- persons who are returning to New Zealand as an aircrew member;
- who are subject to clause 24 of the Order (being outside of New Zealand for a continuous period of at least seven days or had travelled domestically outside New Zealand within the seven days immediately before arrival in New Zealand);
- a risk assessment has been undertaken by a medical officer of health to determine the risk of exposure to COVID-19 during their most recent absence from New Zealand; and
- a medical officer of health has assessed and determined a type and period of isolation or quarantine (if any) based on the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and the risk of having or transmitting COVID-19.
2. The exemption will begin at 11.59pm on 21 December 2020 and continues until revoked.
3. For the purposes of this exemption, the type and period of isolation or quarantine can be as follows:
- The requirements at Part 1A of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Isolation and Quarantine) Order 2020 will apply.
- Managed isolation or quarantine
- Part 1 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Isolation and Quarantine) Order 2020 will apply.
- No period of isolation or quarantine
- The aircrew member will not be subject to any isolation or quarantine requirements.
Dated at Wellington this 21st day of December 2020.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister for COVID-19 Response.