Pursuant to clause 15 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Air Border) Order (No 2) 2020 (“Order”), I, Hon Chris Hipkins, Minister of Health, having taken into account the advice of the Director-General of Health, hereby declare that the following persons:
- persons who are returning to New Zealand after undertaking pilot simulator training in Australia;
- who are employed by Jetconnect Limited or Tasman Cargo Airlines Pty Ltd
who satisfy the following criteria:
- they have met the key safety standards (as defined in the Order) while outside of New Zealand (except for clause 11A(5)(a)); and
- they have only left their allocated accommodation to travel, as directly as possible, to and from the venue for simulator training; and
- they have reported for and undergone medical examination and testing for COVID-19 as determined by a suitably qualified health practitioner, as soon as practicable after their arrival, at the airport at which they arrive; and
- they have satisfied a suitably qualified health practitioner that they are unlikely to transmit COVID-19
are exempt from clauses 11A(5)(a) and 8(3) of the Order.
The exemption will begin at 11.59pm on 27 November 2020. This exemption expires at 11.59pm on 31 December 2020.
The exemption from clauses 11A(5)(a) and 8(3) is subject to the following conditions:
- persons subject to this exemption must undergo a period of self-isolation (in accordance with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Isolation and Quarantine) Order 2020).
Dated at Wellington this 28th day of November 2020.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister for COVID-19 Response.