Under section 180(7) of the Education and Training Act 2020, with delegated authority from the Minister of Education, the notice (as published in the New Zealand Gazette, 12 November 2019, Notice No. 2019-go5206) directing the appointment of a limited statutory manager for the Waverley Primary School (2478) Board, under section 78M of the Education Act 1989, is amended by vesting the following functions, powers and duties in the limited statutory manager.
- The following functions, powers and duties of the board are to be vested in the limited statutory manager:
- all functions, powers and duties of the board to establish policies and procedures relating to effective governance and stewardship habits and student wellbeing and safety (whether statutory or otherwise).
- The limited statutory manager may also advise the board on the following matters:
- employment (whether statutory or otherwise).
- The board will retain its primary duty of care as a person conducting a business or undertaking, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, above and beyond all functions, powers and duties of this limited statutory manager.
This notice takes effect on the date of publication.
Dated at Wellington this 16th day of November 2020.
KATRINA CASEY, Deputy Secretary, Sector Enablement and Support, Ministry of Education.