Pursuant to clause 15 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Air Border) Order (No 2) 2020 (“Order”), I, Hon Chris Hipkins, Minister of Health, having taken into account the advice of the Director-General of Health, hereby declare that the following persons who satisfy the following criteria are exempt from clauses 8(2) and 8(3) of the Order:
- persons who are returning to New Zealand as part of non-operating air crew after performing in-flight duties (“Repositioning Crew”);
- who arrive in New Zealand by air between 3 November 2020 and 20 December 2020; and
- who have met the key safety standards (as defined in the Order) while outside of New Zealand; and
- have reported for and undergone appropriate medical examination and testing for COVID-19 as determined by a suitably qualified health practitioner, as soon as practicable after their arrival, at the airport at which they arrive, and the suitably qualified health practitioner is satisfied that they are unlikely to transmit COVID-19.
The exemption will begin at 11.59pm on 2 November 2020. This exemption expires at 11.59pm on 3 January 2021.
The exemption from clauses 8(2) and 8(3) is subject to the following condition:
- if persons subject to this exemption have travelled on a higher-risk route (a route designated higher-risk in accordance with clause 8C of the Order) within seven days immediately before their arrival in New Zealand they must undergo a period of self-isolation (in accordance with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Isolation and Quarantine) Order 2020).
Dated at Wellington this 3rd day of November 2020.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister of Health.