Pursuant to clause 15 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Air Border) Order (No 2) 2020 (“Order”), I, Hon Chris Hipkins, Minister of Health, having taken into account the advice of the Director-General of Health, hereby declare that the following persons who satisfy the following criteria are exempt from clauses 8(2) and 8(3) of the Order:
- persons who are flying to New Zealand as part of rostered flight duty and are being paid to do so by their employer (“Repositioning Crew”);
- who are flying between Tuesday 20 October 2020 and Tuesday 3 November 2020; and
- who have met the key safety standards (as defined in the Order) while outside of New Zealand; and
- have undergone a public health risk assessment by a medical officer of health and have satisfied that medical officer of health that they pose a low risk of transmitting COVID-19.
The exemption will begin at 11.59am on 20 October 2020. This exemption expires at 11.59pm on 20 November 2020.
The exemption from clauses 8(2) and 8(3) is subject to the following conditions:
- if persons subject to the exemption have travelled on a higher-risk route (a route designated higher-risk in accordance clause 8C of the Order) within the seven days immediately before their arrival in New Zealand they are required to:
- report for, and undergo, medical examination and testing for COVID-19 after at least 48 hours have passed since the time and date of their arrival in New Zealand; and
- must undergo a period of self-isolation (in accordance with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Isolation and Quarantine) Order 2020) ending when they receive a negative result from the medical examination and testing they are required to undergo at i. (but ending no later than 14 days after the time and date of their arrival in New Zealand).
Dated at Wellington this 20th day of October 2020.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister of Health.