Under section 180(7) of the Education and Training Act 2020, with delegated authority from the Minister of Education, I hereby amend the notice (as published in the New Zealand Gazette, 4 August 2020, Notice No. 2020-go3433) directing the appointment of a limited statutory manager for the Manawatū College (205) Board, under section 78M of the Education Act 1989, by vesting the following functions, powers and duties in the limited statutory manager:
- The following functions, powers and duties of the board are to be vested in the limited statutory manager:
- All functions, powers and duties of the board as an employer (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- All functions, powers and duties of the board to manage financial operations (whether statutory or otherwise).
- The limited statutory manager may also advise the Board on board communications (whether statutory or otherwise).
- The board will retain its primary duty of care as a person conducting a business or undertaking, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, above and beyond all functions, powers and duties of this limited statutory manager.
This notice takes effect on the date of publication.
Dated at Wellington this 30th day of September 2020.
KATRINA CASEY, Deputy Secretary, Sector Enablement and Support, Ministry of Education.