Pursuant to clause 34 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Levels 3 and 2) Order (No 2) 2020 (“Order”), I, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, Director-General, Ministry of Health, hereby declare that registered banks and licensed non-bank deposit taking entities (NBDTs) carrying out critical financial services are exempted from clause 18(1)(f) of the Order:
The exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- Interaction with customers should be via remote means wherever possible;
- Face-to-face customer interaction continues to be permitted for critical financial services only;
- Over-the-counter transactions to be completed at distances of over one metre and only if increased hygiene in these areas can be ensured;
- For transactions which require face-to-face engagement but cannot take place over the counter, increased hygiene in these areas must be ensured;
- Registered banks and NBDTs must follow Financial Markets Authority and WorkSafe guidelines for Financial Services businesses and staff under COVID-19 Alert Level 3 available at: https://www.fma.govt.nz/news-and-resources/covid-19/worksafe-guidelines-for-financial-services-businesses-and-staff-under-covid-19-alert-level-3/
This exemption will begin at 3.00pm on 24 August 2020 and cease at the end of the Order.
Dated at Wellington this 24th day of August 2020.
Dr ASHLEY BLOOMFIELD, Director-General of Health.