Pursuant to clause 27 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Levels 3 and 2) Order 2020 (“Order”), I, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, Director-General of Health, Ministry of Health, hereby declare that the following persons are exempted from clauses 8(1)(a) and 23 of the Order:
- Persons working in the apiculture industry who must travel in and out of the Auckland region to undertake critical work including pollination services, maintaining the health of bees in hives and checking for diseases.
The persons subject to the exemptions in this notice are subject to the following conditions:
- Persons must travel as directly as reasonably possible to and from their place of work;
- Persons may only travel out of an alert level 3 area if the following measures are taken to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spread:
- Record their movements, including the place of work travelled to, to support contact tracing;
- ensure two metre distancing is maintained from other persons during work activity where practicable;
- ensure appropriate public health measures are taken;
- where applicable, comply with the Health and Safety plan for the particular work activity.
- Persons must meet all Ministry for Primary Industries health and safety standards and guidance.
This exemption will begin at 11.59pm on 22 August 2020 and cease at the end of the Order.
Dated at Wellington this 22nd day of August 2020.
Dr ASHLEY BLOOMFIELD, Director-General of Health.