Pursuant to clause 27 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Levels 3 and 2) Order 2020 (“Order”), I, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, Director-General, Ministry of Health, hereby declare that the following persons are exempted from clauses 8(1)(a) and 23 of the Order:
- Specialist Veterinarians and allied veterinary professionals engaged at known Veterinary practices and clinics, who must travel in and out of the Auckland region in order to provide essential and emergency animal health services and meet their duty of care obligations under the Animal Welfare Act 1999.
The exemptions in this notice are subject to the following conditions:
- Employees must travel directly to and from their place of work.
- Employers subject to this exemption may only travel out of an alert level 3 area if the following measures are taken to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spread:
- Record their movements, including the place of work travelled to, to support contact tracing;
- ensure two metre distancing is maintained from other persons during work activity where practicable;
- ensure appropriate public health and hygiene measures are taken;
- where applicable, comply with the Health and Safety plan for the particular work activity.
- Persons must meet all Ministry for Primary Industries health and safety standards and guidance.
The exemption will begin at 11.59pm on 21 August 2020 and cease at the end of the Order.
Dated at Wellington this 21st day of August 2020.
Dr ASHLEY BLOOMFIELD, Director-General of Health.