Pursuant to clause 27 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Levels 3 and 2) Order 2020 (“Order”), I, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, Director-General, Ministry of Health, hereby declare that the following persons are exempted from clauses 8 and 23 of the Order:
- Specialist workers who are employed or engaged by Wilson Hellaby Limited, Auckland Meat Processors Limited and PVL Proteins Limited and required to travel in and out of Auckland to maintain a critical food supply chain for the North Island.
The persons subject to the exemptions in this notice are subject to the following conditions:
- Persons must travel directly to and from their place of work;
- Persons may only travel out of an alert level 3 area if the following measures are taken to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spread:
- Record their movements, including the place of work travelled to, to support contact tracing.
- Ensure two metre distancing is maintained from other persons during work activity where practicable.
- Ensure appropriate public health measures are taken.
- Where applicable, comply with the Health and Safety plan for the particular work activity.
- Persons must meet all Ministry for Primary Industries health and safety standards and guidance.
The exemption will begin at 11.59pm on 20 August 2020 and cease at the end of the Order.
Dated at Wellington this 20th day of August 2020.
Dr ASHLEY BLOOMFIELD, Director-General of Health.