Pursuant to clause 27 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Levels 3 and 2) Order 2020 (“Order”), I, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, Director-General, Ministry of Health, hereby declare that the following individuals are exempted from section 8(1)(a) and section 23 of the Order:
- 23 individuals, [PX1000, PX1001, PX1002, PX1003, PX1004, PX1005, PX1006, PX1007, PX1008, PX1009, PX1010, PX1011, PX1012, PX1013, PX1014, PX1015, PX1016, PX1017, PX1018, PX1019, PX1020, PX1021, PX1022, PX1023] who have been invited to attend the sentencing hearing R v Tarrant to be held at the Christchurch High Court beginning 24 August 2020.
The individuals subject to the exemptions in this notice are subject to the following conditions:
- Individuals must travel for the purpose identified and should travel as directly as reasonably possible to get to the hearing.
- Individuals may only travel out of an alert level 2 or 3 area if the following measures are taken to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spread:
- Record their movements, including travel, and where they stay and visit, to support contact tracing;
- ensure two metre distancing is maintained from other persons where practicable;
- ensure appropriate public health and hygiene measures are taken.
- Individuals must observe all public health protocols which the High Court has in place to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spread including under the minute of the Court dated 18 August 2020.
The exemption will begin at 11.59pm on 20 August 2020 and cease at the expiry of the Order.
Dated at Wellington this 20th day of August 2020.
Dr ASHLEY BLOOMFIELD, Director-General of Health.