Pursuant to clause 27 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Levels 3 and 2) Order 2020 (“Order”), I, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, Director-General of Health, Ministry of Health, hereby declare that the following persons are exempted from clauses 8 and 23 of the Order:
- Persons engaged or employed by Rocket Lab Limited who are directly involved in launch and testing operations at Kopuku, Mercer, and Mahia sites.
- Persons employed by Foodstuffs North Island Limited’s member franchisee supermarket and grocery stores engaged in specialist food service roles, and store and stock management roles.
The persons subject to the exemptions in this notice are subject to the following conditions:
- Persons subject to this exemption must travel directly to and from their place of work.
- The persons subject to this exemption may only travel in or out of an alert level 3 or alert level 2 area if their workplace has undertaken the following measures to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spread:
- Record their movements, including the place of work travelled to, to support contact tracing;
- ensure two metre distancing is maintained from other persons during work activity where practicable;
- ensure appropriate public health and hygiene measures are taken;
- where applicable, comply with the Health and Safety plan for the particular work activity.
The exemption will begin at 11.59pm on 19 August 2020 and cease at the expiry of the Order.
Dated at Wellington this 19th day of August 2020.
Dr ASHLEY BLOOMFIELD, Director-General of Health.