Pursuant to clause 27 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Levels 3 and 2) Order 2020 (“Order”), I, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, Director-General of Health, Ministry of Health, hereby declare that the following persons are exempted from clauses 8 and 23 of the Order:
- Persons employed or engaged in Poultry production, slaughter/processing, distribution and export production, to travel to and from work sites including from Auckland region to Waikato and Northland.
The exemptions in this notice are subject to the following conditions:
- The exemption will begin at 11.59pm on 19 August 2020 and cease at the end of the Order.
- Employees must travel directly to and from their place of work.
- Employers subject to this exemption may only travel out of an alert level 3 area if the following measures are taken to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spread:
- Record their movements, including the place of work travelled to, to support contact tracing;
- ensure two metre distancing is maintained from other persons during work activity where practicable;
- ensure appropriate public health and hygiene measures are taken;
- where applicable, comply with the Health and Safety plan for the particular work activity.
Dated at Wellington this 19th day of August 2020.
Dr ASHLEY BLOOMFIELD, Director-General of Health.