Pursuant to clause 27 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Levels 3 and 2) Order 2020 (“Order”), I, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, Director-General, Ministry of Health, hereby declare that the following individuals are exempted from clauses 8 and 23 of the Order:
- Three specialist workers,    in order to travel from North of Warkworth to Warkworth to carry out their roles;
- One specialist worker,  to travel between Kaikohe and Orewa to carry out their role.
The exemptions in this notice are subject to the following conditions:
- Workers subject to this exemption must travel directly to and from their place of work;
- Workers subject to this exemption may only travel out of an alert level 3 area if the following measures are taken to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spread:
- Record their movements, including the place of work travelled to, to support contact tracing;
- Ensure two metre distancing is maintained from other persons during work activity where practicable;
- Ensure appropriate public health measures are taken, including wearing face coverings and regularly using hand sanitiser;
- Where applicable, comply with the Health and Safety plan for the particular work activity.
The exemption will begin at 11.59pm on 16 August 2020 and cease at the expiry of the Order.
Dated at Wellington this 16th day of August 2020.
Dr ASHLEY BLOOMFIELD, Director-General of Health.