Pursuant to clause 27 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Levels 3 and 2) Order 2020 (“Order”), I, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, Director-General, Ministry of Health, hereby declare that the following persons are exempted from clause 8 and clause 23 of the Order:
- Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) officers and workers undertaking regulatory functions, including: food safety verification, inspection, and associated laboratory services; compliance activities (including pertaining to animal welfare and to the National Animal Identification and Tracing Scheme); fisheries observation and enforcement and biosecurity activities (including pest management).
- Horticultural workers involved in the production, processing, transport and supply of fresh produce between Pukekohe and the surrounding areas.
- Workers at dairy processing facilities in the Auckland, Northland and Waikato regions which are operated by the following companies:
Fonterra Brands (New Zealand) Limited
Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited (note that this includes a plant at Maungaturoto in Northland)
New Zealand Dairy Products Limited
Open Country Dairy Limited
Danone Nutricia NZ Limited
New Zealand New Milk Limited
Dairy Products NZ Limited
Nestle New Zealand Limited
Happy Valley Nutrition Limited
New Zealand Pure Dairy Products Limited
GMP Dairy Limited
New Image International Limited
NIG Nutritionals Limited
Synlait Milk Limited
Yashili New Zealand Dairy Co Ltd
Canpac International Limited
The exemptions in this notice are subject to the following conditions:
- Officers and workers subject to this exemption must travel directly to and from their place of work.
- Officers and workers subject to this exemption may only travel out of an alert level 3 area if the following measures are taken to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spread:
- Record their movements, including the place of work travelled to, to support contact tracing;
- Ensure two metre distancing is maintained from other persons during work activity where practicable;
- Ensure appropriate public health measures are taken, including wearing face coverings and regularly using hand sanitiser;
- Where applicable, comply with the Health and Safety plan for the particular work activity.
The exemption will begin at 11.59pm on 16 August 2020 and cease at the expiry of the Order.
Dated at Wellington this 16th day of August 2020.
Dr ASHLEY BLOOMFIELD, Director-General of Health.