Gazette notices are published from 9.00am to 5.00pm on working days. The turnaround time for standard notices, from submission to publication, is two working days, or earlier if approved by the Gazette office.
A later date and time for publication can be requested.
Large or complex notices may require a longer lead in time. It would be appreciated if we could be notified of these well in advance and have the notice content at least 7 – 10 days before publication.
First New Zealand Gazette for 2019
The first publication day is Thursday, 10 January 2019.
Notices must be submitted before 5.00pm on Tuesday, 8 January to be published by Thursday.
Closed Days for 2018
The Gazette Office is closed on the following public holidays:
- Wellington Anniversary Day – Monday 22 January 2018
- Waitangi Day – Tuesday 6 February 2018
- Easter – Friday 30 March and Monday 2 April 2018
- ANZAC Day – Wednesday 25 April 2018
- Queen’s Birthday – Monday 4 June 2018
- Labour Day – Monday 22 October 2018
- Christmas and New Year 2018/2019 – Friday 21 December 2018 to Wednesday 9 January 2019
Gazette notices will not be published on closed days. Notices submitted during these periods, or submitted less than two working days before a closed day, will be published within two working days after the office reopens.