Pursuant to clause 27 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Levels 3 and 2) Order 2020 (“Order”), I, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, Director-General, Ministry of Health, hereby declare that persons who are employed or engaged by New Zealand Steel Limited are exempted from clause 23 of the Order.
The exemption will begin at 11.59am on 12 August 2020 and cease at the expiry of the Order.
The exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- Persons employed or engaged by New Zealand Steel Limited must travel directly to and from the Glenbrook Steel Mill site with no stopping in the Alert Level 3 area.
- New Zealand Steel Limited must put the following measures in place to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spread:
- control the plant via swipe card turnstiles and gate access, so New Zealand Steel can confirm who is on site at any time;
- ensure employees on-site have limited contacts during the working day, contact tracing is in place along with defined small “work bubbles”;
- ensure two metre distancing is maintained;
- ensure ample supplies and use of masks and sanitiser;
- ensure all high touch areas and plant are cleaned regularly;
- ensure a Health and Safety plan is in place which outlines control measures and is audited; and
- make provision for all non-frontline staff to work from home.
Dated at Wellington this 12th day of August 2020.
Dr ASHLEY BLOOMFIELD, Director-General of Health.