Pursuant to Regulation 9 of the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998, the Minister of Fisheries gives the following notice.
This notice is the Fisheries (Notification of Tāngata Kaitiaki/Tiaki for Area/Rohe Moana of Te Hikutu Hapū) Notice 2020.
This notice comes into force on 6 August 2020.
3 Customary Food Gathering Area/rohe Moana
This notice applies to the customary food gathering area/rohe moana in the New Zealand fisheries waters enclosed by a line —
- starting near Kauri inside the Hokianga Harbour at 35°28.353′S 173°23.787′E; then
- proceeding in an easterly direction to Koutu Point Road at 35°28.354′S 173°24.306′E; then
- proceeding in a south-easterly direction to Koutu at 35°29.000′S 173°24.706′E; then
- proceeding in a southerly direction to Motutoa Creek at 35°28.719′S 173°28.069′E; then
- proceeding in a south-easterly direction to Te Piringa at 35°31.368′S 173°28.069′E; then
- proceeding in a south-easterly direction to Te Ingoa at 35°32.294′S 173°30.276′E; then
- proceeding in an easterly direction to Te Paraere at 35°32.269′S 173°32.732′E; then
- proceeding in a north-easterly direction to Te Wharate at 35°30.758′S 173°34.014′E; then
- proceeding in a north-westerly direction to Etene at 35°30.022′S 173°33.474′E; then
- proceeding in a westerly direction to Tarara at 35°29.368′S 173°30.569′E; then
- proceeding in a north-westerly direction to Whekihana at 35°24.422′S 173°26.501′S; then
- proceeding in a north-westerly direction to Te Herehere at 35°25.072′S 173°25.048′E; then proceeding in a south-westerly direction back to the starting point.
4 Tangata whenua
The tangata whenua of the area/rohe moana is Te Hikutu Hapū.
5 New Appointments
- The Minister of Fisheries has appointed the following people as Tāngata Kaitiaki/Tiaki for the area/rohe moana:
- Arthur Wynyard:
- Joe Wynyard:
- Greg Wynyard:
- Bridget Wallace:
- Peter Wallace:
- Warren Morunga;
- Cowley Wihongi:
- Harley MacKenzie Barlow
- The appointments took effect on 6 July 2020.
Dated at Wellington this 21st day of July 2020.
EMMA TAYLOR, Director Fisheries Management, (acting under delegated authority).