Pursuant to section 186A of the Fisheries Act 1996, the Minister of Fisheries, after complying with the requirements of that section, gives the following notice.
This notice is the Fisheries (Marsden Bank and Mair Bank Temporary Closure) Notice 2020.
This notice comes into force on 29 June 2020.
3. Revocation of This Notice
This notice is revoked on the close of 28 June 2022.
4. Marsden Bank and Mair Bank Closed in Respect of Any Species of Shellfish
(1) A person must not take any species of shellfish from Marsden Bank or Mair Bank while this notice is in force.
(2) In this clause:
Marsden Bank and Mair Bank means all that area of New Zealand fisheries waters enclosed by a line
- commencing at a point on the mean high-water mark at the base of the Marsden Point oil refinery jetty (at 35°50.24′S and 174°29.91′E); then
- proceeding in a north-easterly direction to a point at the seaward end of the Marsden Point oil refinery jetty (at 35°50.21′S and 174°29.95′E); then
- proceeding in a south-easterly direction to the Whangarei Harbour main channel port-hand buoy number 18 (at 35°50.32′S and 174°30.44′E); then
- proceeding in a south-easterly direction to the Whangarei Harbour main channel port-hand buoy number 16 (at 35°50.54′S and 174°30.94′E); then
- proceeding in a south-easterly direction to the Whangarei Harbour main channel port-hand buoy number 14 (at 35°50.76′S and 174°31.19′E); then
- proceeding in a south-westerly direction to a point offshore (at 35°50.86′S and 174°30.50′E); then
- proceeding due west to a point on the mean high-water mark (at 35°50.86′S and 174°29.65′E); then
- proceeding along the mean high-water mark in a generally north-easterly then north-westerly direction to the point of commencement.
shellfish means includes all species of the phylum Echinodermata and phylum Mollusca and all species of the class Crustacea at any stage of their life history, whether living or dead.
Dated at Wellington this 24th day of May 2020.
Hon STUART NASH, Minister of Fisheries.