Pursuant to section 11(3) of the Maori Commercial Aquaculture Claims Settlement Act 2004 (“Act”), the Minister of Fisheries, after complying with the requirements in section 11(4) of the Act, gives the following notice.
1. Title and commencement
(1) This notice may be cited as the Māori Commercial Aquaculture Claims Settlement (Extension to Waikato West Negotiation Period) Notice 2020 (Notice No. MPI 1127).
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date of its notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
In this notice:
- negotiation period means the period within two years of receipt of the first resource consent application in that region within which the Crown must use its best endeavours to negotiate and enter into regional agreements that provide for the Crown to meet its obligations in respect of new space for that region.
- region has the same meaning as in section 4 and section 11(2) of the Act.
3. Extension to negotiation period
The negotiation period for the Waikato West region is extended to 6 March 2022.
Dated at Wellington this 2nd day of March 2020.
Hon STUART NASH, Minister of Fisheries.