Pursuant to Regulation 22 of the Health and Safety in Employment (Pressure Equipment, Cranes, and Passenger Ropeways) Regulations 1999, I, Catherine Epps, in exercise of powers delegated to me by WorkSafe New Zealand, hereby give notice of recognition of the documents listed below submitted by Genesis Energy Limited:
- Submission for recognition of inspection intervals using RBI at Huntly Power Station Unit 5; and
- Letter of support by Genesis Energy In-House Inspection Body; and
- Genesis Energy RBI assessment report 2020-08-U5-RBI; and
- Genesis Energy Inspection Manual for Pressure Equipment; and
- AS/NZS ISO 9001 certificate number 1586 by Telarc; and
- Supporting evidence by way of other relevant Process Safety Bowtie documents.
The submission indicates that this equipment would be managed in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Health and Safety in Employment (Pressure Equipment, Cranes and Passenger Ropeways) Regulations 1999 (PECPR). Accordingly, I advise that recognition of the inspection programme, as set out in the above detailed documentation, is granted under Regulation 22 of the PECPR Regulations.
This recognition is subject to the following conditions:
- This Recognition expires on 30 October 2030, unless revoked prior
- It applies only to pressure equipment tabled in the submission detailed above.
- Its nominated Recognised Inspection Body shall determine the frequency and timing of the attendance of its equipment inspectors at for the purpose of reviewing, approving and auditing the implementation of the ITP and for the inspection and certification of equipment.
- It shall advise its nominated Recognised Inspection Body of any changes to its equipment or process that may affect equipment life or the frequency or type of inspection applied. It shall, in conjunction with Inspection Body, review actual or proposed changes to its equipment or process in order to establish any potential impact on safety and equipment inspection.
- It shall advise its nominated Recognised Inspection Body of any changes to, or affecting, its own engineering personnel.
- It shall review its quality management system and update it to accommodate any changes necessary following the granting of this recognition.
This recognition may be withdrawn should the services of its current nominated Recognised Inspection Body be discontinued or, if there is any significant change to the equipment or process.
Dated at Wellington this 30th day of October 2020.
CATHERINE EPPS, General Manager, Health and Technical Services.