1. Pursuant to section 38(3)(b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010, and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority gives notice of the making of the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Requirements to improve awareness of dispute resolution scheme and the electricity plan comparison site) 2020 (“amendment”).
2. The amendment comes into force on 1 April 2021.
3. The amendment inserts new clauses into Part 11 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) relating to the provision of information to consumers on the dispute resolution scheme and on the electricity plan comparison site. The amendment:
- provides a framework for the provision of information by identified participants to consumers on the dispute resolution scheme and on the electricity plan comparison site;
- sets out specific requirements for the information that is provided;
- places some limitations on the required disclosures; and
- defines the term “related entity" for the purposes of the new clauses.
4. A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Electricity Authority's website: http://www.ea.govt.nz/code-and-compliance/the-code/.
5. A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, Harbour Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 7th day of October 2020.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chair, Electricity Authority.