- Under section 38(3)(b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Requirements and Processes for Information Requests by Agents) 2020 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 1 March 2020.
- The amendment makes changes to Part 11 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to:
- provide an efficient and effective mechanism for agents to request and receive on behalf of consumers information from participants; and
- limit any grounds for refusing requests to those consistent with obligations retailers may have under the Privacy Act 1993.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Authority’s website: http://www.ea.govt.nz/code-and-compliance/the-code/.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, Harbour Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 21st day of January 2020.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chair, Electricity Authority.