Pursuant to section 46(1)(a) of the Ngāti Rangi Claims Settlement Act 2019, the Minister of Conservation hereby notifies that the area described in the Schedule hereto has been declared to be subject to Te Tāpora/an overlay classification by section 41 of the Act.
The provisions of the Act which relate to the Te Tāpora area are sections 40–54.
Pursuant to section 46(1)(b) of the Act, the Minister hereby notifies that the following protection principles are directed at the Minister of Conservation avoiding harm to, or the diminishing of, Ngāti Rangi values related to Hīhītahi:
- protection of wahi tapu, indigenous flora and fauna and the wider environment within Hīhītahi;
- recognition of the mana, kaitiakitanga and tikanga of the descendants of Ngāti Rangi with regard to Hīhītahi;
- respect for Ngāti Rangi tikanga within Hīhītahi;
- encouragement of respect for the association of Ngāti Rangi with Hīhītahi;
- accurate portrayal of the association of Ngāti Rangi with Hīhītahi; and
- recognition of the relationship of Ngāti Rangi with the wāhi tapu and wāhi whakahirahira within Hīhītahi.
Wellington Land District—Ruapehu District
|182.3109||Sections 4 and 7 Block XIV Moawhango Survey District|
Dated at Wellington this 7th day of September 2019.
Hon EUGENIE SAGE, Minister of Conservation.