In accordance with section 15 of the Burial and Cremation Act 1964 (“Act”), I hereby give the following notice.
- I declare service:
- in Timor-Leste as defined, from 1 August 1999 up to and including 31 July 2019, to be operational service for the purposes of the Act.
- I declare that the declaration for service in Timor-Leste supersedes the declaration made on 4 March 2010 for service as part of:
- the United Nations Mission in East Timor (UNAMET), the United Nations Sanctioned International Force East Timor (INTERFET) from 30 August 1999, and subsequent service with the United Nations Transitional Authority East Timor (UNTAET) from 23 February 2000 onwards.
- members of Her Majesty’s Forces that have undertaken operational service; and
- the spouses, civil union partners, and de facto partners of members of Her Majesty’s Forces that have undertaken operational service.
Dated this 29th day of October 2019.
Hon RON MARK, Minister for Veterans.