In accordance with section 15 of the Burial and Cremation Act 1964 (“Act”), I hereby give the following notice.
- I declare service:
- in the Former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia as defined, from 1 January 1992 up to and including 31 July 2019, to be operational service for the purposes of the Act.
- I declare that the declaration for service in the Former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia supersedes the declarations made on:
- 17 August 1988 for service as part of the United Nations Service in the Former Yugoslavia from 23 March 1992; and
- 4 March 2010 for service in Kosovo – KFOR, KOSMED, KOSAID (1999), the United Nations Interim Administration in Kosovo (1999 to current).
- This entitles any member of the New Zealand Defence Force covered by this declaration (and their spouse, civil union partner or de facto partner) to have their remains buried in the part of a cemetery set aside by a local authority for the burial of:
- members of Her Majesty’s Forces that have undertaken operational service; and
- the spouses, civil union partners, and de facto partners of members of Her Majesty’s Forces that have undertaken operational service.
- Members of other Commonwealth Forces who have undertaken the same operational service and their spouses, civil union partners, and de facto partners may also be interred.
- As required by the Act, consultation occurred prior to the making of this declaration.
Dated this 29th day of October 2019.
Hon RON MARK, Minister for Veterans.