Pursuant to clause 11 of the Commodity Levies (Winegrapes) Order 2016, it was resolved at a board meeting of New Zealand Winegrowers Incorporated on 27 June 2019 that:
- The levy rate on winegrapes for the levy year from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020 be set at the rate of 0.825% + GST as follows:
- for winegrapes sold by or on behalf of the grower, 0.825% + GST of the farm-gate price of the grapes (unless paragraph (b) applies);
- for winegrapes exported by or on behalf of the grower, 0.825% + GST of the free on-board value of the grapes;
- for winegrapes made into grape juice or grape juice concentrate that is sold or exported, by or on behalf of the grower, 0.825% + GST of the notional price of the grapes.
- The notional price of grapes made into grape juice or grape juice concentrate for the year 2019 vintage will be the 75% quartile price for the region and variety concerned as determined from the previous vintage listed in the last published version of the New Zealand Winegrowers grape price data for the previous vintage (“Last Grape Price Data”).
In the event that there are no listings of the variety and region concerned in the Last Grape Price Data, the notional price will be the 75% quartile price for New Zealand for the variety concerned, as determined by the previous vintage listed in the Last Grape Price Data.
PHILIP GREGAN, Chief Executive Officer, New Zealand Winegrowers Incorporated.