Under section 78M of the Education Act 1989, with delegated authority from the Minister of Education, I hereby direct the appointment of a limited statutory manager for the Shirley Intermediate (3503) Board of Trustees (“Board”).
- The following functions, powers and duties of the Board are to be vested in the limited statutory manager:
- All functions, powers and duties of the Board as an employer (whether statutory or otherwise);
- All functions, powers and duties of the Board in curriculum management including teaching and assessment practice (whether statutory or otherwise).
- The limited statutory manager may also advise the Board on board policies and procedures.
- The Board will retain its primary duty of care as a person conducting a business or undertaking, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, above and beyond all functions, powers and duties of this limited statutory manager.
- This notice takes effect on the date of publication.
Dated at Wellington this 16th day of December 2019.
KATRINA CASEY, Deputy Secretary, Sector Enablement and Support, Ministry of Education