Maree Zinzley, Manager Approvals Operations, of the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI), acting under delegated authority from the Director-General of MPI, gives notice under section 14(1) of the Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines Act 1997 (“Act”) that the following variation application has been made to a registered trade name product under section 9(2) of the Act:
Trade Name: Python Ear Tags
Active Ingredients and Concentrations:
Zeta-Cypermethrin 100 mg/g
Piperonyl Butoxide 200 mg/g
Formulation Type: Impregnated Material
General Use Claim:
Sustained insecticidal treatment for control of NZ cattle tick on deer and cattle.
Proposed New Claims:
Sustained insecticidal treatment for control of NZ cattle tick on deer and cattle (including beef and lactating dairy cows). Up to 12 weeks control of nuisance fly including stable fly (stomoxys calcitrans) and common house fly (musca domestica) on cattle (including beef and lactating dairy cows).
Any person may make a written submission to the director-general concerning this application.
Under sections 16 and 17 of the Act, a written submission:
- must state in full the reasons for making the submission;
- may state any decision sought on that application; and
- must be received by the director-general no later than 30 working days after the date of notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
Under section 18 of the Act, a copy of every submission will be forwarded to the applicant for the applicant’s information.
The following address is:
- where submissions on this application are to be sent;
- where requests for copies of the public information relating to the application can be sent;
- where public information relating to the application can be viewed; and
- the director-general’s address for service:
ACVM Group, Ministry for Primary Industries, Charles Fergusson Building, 34–38 Bowen Street, Pipitea, Wellington 6011. Postal Address: PO Box 2526, Wellington 6140.
The applicant’s address for service is:
Y-Tex Corporation, 1825 Big Horn Avenue, Cody, WY 82414, United States of America. Postal Address: C/- Kensington Swan, KPMG Centre, 18 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Auckland 1142.
Dated at Wellington this 27th day of November 2019.
MAREE ZINZLEY, Manager Approvals Operations, Ministry for Primary Industries (acting under delegated authority).