Pursuant to section 297 of the Customs and Excise Act 2018, I, William Perry, hereby publish variations to the details of the automated electronic system known as eGate following a recent decision to expand eligibility to use Customs’ eGate automated electronic system.
People now eligible to use eGate as an alternative and voluntary mechanism to primary line processing by a Customs officer are:
- persons with an e-Passport, who are 12 years of age and over, and who are from the following countries:
- The Netherlands
- New Zealand
- People’s Republic of China
- Republic of Ireland
- Republic of Korea (South Korea)
- United Kingdom
- United States of America.
- persons with an e-Passport, who are 12 years of age and over, and who are invited by Customs to use the eGate on a trial basis, for the duration of that trial.
Dated this 29th day of October 2019.
WILLIAM PERRY, Acting Comptroller of Customs.